In recognition that Western students, staff, faculty, alumni, and retirees like to travel — either across the nearby border to British Columbia; for Study Abroad; or for other international opportunities — the Western Card Office now offers convenient passport photo services right here on campus. The photos we provide adhere to U.S. Department of State specifications, and are meant to accompany your passport application.
(Please see the U.S. Passports & International Travel Website for information on the passport application process.)
Once you approach the service window at the card office, the process will only take about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Photos must be taken in clothing that you normally wear on a daily basis:
- Uniforms, clothing that looks like a uniform, and camouflage attire should not be worn in photos except in the case of religious attire that is worn daily.
- You may only wear a hat or head covering if you wear it daily for religious purposes.
- Your full face must be visible and your head covering cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face.
- Headphones, wireless hands-free devices or similar items are not acceptable in your photo.
- Prescription glasses may not be worn in your photo.
- Dark glasses or non-prescription glasses with tinted lenses are not acceptable unless you need them for medical reasons (a medical certificate may be required).
- If you normally wear a hearing device, it may be worn for your photo.
- In the very rare event that the passport photos you buy from the Western Card Office are rejected by the U.S. Passport office:
- We will gladly retake your photos free of charge. (if the U.S. Passport office informed you why the photos were rejected, this information will help us make any adjustments necessary when we retake the photos.)
- If you subsequently obtained photos from another source: We will refund the $8.00 fee upon request.